Friday, March 5, 2010

Deep Sea Adventures

Today I, (Dustin) went on a deep sea fishing trip with some folks from work. Heather and Grace are in the states visiting family, so I took someone up on going fishing. It is something that I have always wanted to do while I was here. We had to all meet at 4:30 in the morning and we drove to the port where we loaded up our coolers and headed out into the Pacific. I couldn't believe it--it was 3 hours out from Okinawa before we stopped. I had no clue what I was doing, but the boat captain was pretty helpful. He showed me how to bait the hook with a minnow and then just let out the line below the boat. There was no casting necessary. Pretty soon someone got a fish, and I was pretty jealous. Finally, I felt a HUGE tug on my line and I had snagged the 2nd fish of the day! I was so excited--it was a tuna, and it looked like an 8 lb fish or so. I did so well the first half of the day--I think it was beginner's luck. In the end I hauled in 7 large tuna fish. Around 2 we started to head back with a huge bin full of saltwater tuna. I attempted to clean my fish (yeah that didn't work too well) and we all split the fillets at the end of the day. It was a good trip--but I think I would rather have my Honey and my Gracie poo.

Up bright and early--the wind was colder than I expected!

The sunrise from the boat was nice
My first two fish--small, but they put up a good fight
Smooches
The guys
Just havin' a good time
We almost got pulled over by the Navy for getting too close to the Destroyer

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

So jealous! I can't wait to go huntin' and fishin' up here in Alaska. It's gonna be great! Very nice photos btw.

PaPa and Leeanne said...

Sounds like more fun than shopping!

Patty Patterson said...

I guess looks can be decieving because you don't look like a beginner. You look like and old pro! Great pictures, too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin