Thursday, January 20, 2011

Just a Little Update

We are finally feeling a little more settled. It was very time consuming trying to unpack and organize everything while getting ready for the holidays (Thanksgiving, birthday, Christmas). Both of the girls' rooms are almost complete. We just have to hang things on the walls and then they will be done! I think we have everything we need for Olivia's arrival. We are very well stocked on clothes, diapers, wipes, burp cloths, and blankets! And I think Grace is getting excited seeing all of the things that are Olivia's.

And we found out this week that the girls will be able to enjoy the wonderful paint job Dustin did in their room for many more years. After Dustin's course is over he should be staying in the same brigade!

We have been finding some really great things to do on-post here. I have gotten involved with PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel). I went when we first moved back but then things just kept coming up that kept me from being able to go each week but now things are slowing down and they just started up the spring semester. I have been taking Grace to a playgroup that is put on by ACS (Army Community Service). They have a playgroup for her age Mon-Thurs. So far is has been a lot of fun for her! And we are going to try and go to story time at the library most weeks. After the story there is a related craft/activity. Last week Grace got to color and then glue sheep and sticks onto a paper to make the sheep jump over the fence. We had to miss story time yesterday since I was "helping" (I don't think I was really THAT much help but I did have to buy thread) my Mom make burp cloths for Olivia. And today our plans of playgroup and grocery shopping were nixed because the roads were too slick for Dustin's car and he had to take my van. They are better now but since we had already missed playgroup we are just going to stay home and let Dustin pick up the necessities on his way home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Dustin gets to stay!! It will be awesome to see Grace and Olivia grow up around all her cousins!

Patty Patterson said...

I'm happy that Grace ansd Olivia get to stay, too. I think Grace and Grandma were meant to be together.... and I'm sure I'll feel the same way about Olivia. I can't wait to meet her!

Kaup Fleet said...

Great news!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin