Thursday, November 15, 2012

Moon Sand

A few months ago I heard about something called Moon Sand from Jen. She made it with her son and it sounded like lots of fun and easy to make. BUT... we were in the middle of moving. Fast forward a bit and we are settled into our new house and needed a fun activity. So Olivia helped me mix up a tub of moon sand.


I put a table cloth in the middle of the kitchen floor to help contain the mess. It probably would have been better to do it outside. 


It was super easy to make! Flour and Baby oil and that is all. I think I put about 8 cups of flour and 1/2 cup of baby oil but I don't remember exactly. I am sure you could just add more flour or oil to make it to the consistency you want.


It is moldable so we used our hands to make mountains!

And I have no idea why I don't have pictures of Grace playing with the moon sand. It probably has something to do with her wanting to have a flour fight when she joined in :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin