Friday, September 18, 2009

Car Seat Search + cute picture


I went to check on Grace during her 2+ hour nap (she is still asleep!) and this is how I found her. The paci in her hand is the one she had in her mouth when I laid her down... the one in her mouth is from yesterdays nap I think. And the ONLY time I have seen her roll over from back to stomach has been when I put her to bed. Now every time I lay her down in her crib she rolls to her tummy... this is also the only time she enjoys tummy time.


I have been on a hunt for a new car seat. We already have 2 - an infant seat and a convertible seat that we just started using TODAY! The problem is that when we go on our cruise Grace will most likely be too big for her infant seat and the convertible seat weighs about 25lbs. This is also a problem when I travel back to the states. We want something that is easy to travel with and that I can handle on my own while also trying to maneuver a stroller, toddler, and our luggage.

So, I am searching for a relatively inexpensive carseat and very lightweight. Easy installation is also a plus. Oh, and let's not forget about safety! Any suggestions? I really don't want to spend a lot because we bought a pretty nice convertible seat for her already (we had planned on using it in Dustin's car but it is too big rear-facing). I found one at Wal-Mart that fit the description so my Mom bought it and tried to mail it. They were going to charge $90 for postage and that is mailing it the cheap way that takes 2 months to get from there to here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what kind of convertable car seat did you get? London iss too big for his infant seat now. I have been doing tons of shopping, but I am sooooooooooo overwhelmed trying to pick one out. Grace is too cute! London has always been a tummy sleeper, so I think it's super cute when I find him sleeping on his back. hahaha!

Grace's Grandma said...

Do you think I could bring the carseat when I come for Grace's birthday? Would they allow it as a carry on - or could I check it as luggage?

Love,
Mom/Grandma

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin