Thursday, December 3, 2009

CHOO CHOO!!!

Since Grace's party is tomorrow we had to make the cake today! We made the cakes yesterday so they would be cool when it came time to frost them. This morning I made 6 batches of buttercream frosting.

{Grace was quite the fan! The icing made her pancakes even more yummy}

It took all morning to decorate the cake but the end result was well worth the time. I got to mix up all the colored frosting and my Mom put it on the cake. I actually did the window on the backside of the cake :-)

And here is the final result:



The tracks are made from black licorice and the wheels are oreos. We used the animals from the Little People Noah's Ark set that my Mom is getting her for Christmas (she got it early since we needed the animals!) It will be hard to top this cake for future birthdays!

1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

Oh my goodness Heather, can you come make my {future} kids' cakes!?!?! That is amazing!!!

Happy birthday Grace!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin