Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Candy

Last night I decided to start making Christmas candy. I have learned that with the humidity here (I think that is what the problem is anyways) my butter crunch has never turned out the same as it used to when I made it in my Grandma's kitchen. Last night I actually didn't even finish because I could tell there was something wrong. I think tonight I will try again and cook it a little bit longer and hope we at least have a little to eat and share. If not, I guess we will have to stick with a few other recipes I plan to make: white chocolate covered popcorn, chocolate covered pretzels, Christmas cookies, and maybe even some fudge! I bought some cute little Christmas bags and boxes at the 100 Yen store the other day and we are going to fill them with goodies and take them to all of our neighbors.

I need to go pull out my cook books and find some recipes so I can make sure I have all of the ingredients.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin