Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

It is 2010!

And we actually stayed up past midnight this year. Last year we went over to our friends house and came home and went to bed around 11:30. Hey, we had a newborn that we knew we need to be changed and fed.

This year we had friends from our small group Bible study over. We played a couple of games and ate some delicious food! We were hoping to see fireworks from our balcony (the Japanese randomly light fireworks and we have seen them a couple of times from our house) but that didn't happen.

It looks like 2010 might hold more travelling for us than 2009. We leave for Australia and New Zealand in about 2 1/2 weeks. We will be gone 20 days!!! After we get back I am going to allow a couple of weeks to forget about the long plane ride before I hop on an even longer one and space-a back to Oklahoma for a couple of weeks. Our only plane rides in 2009 involved going back to the states in March for 3 weeks. I think this has been the longest period where I haven't flown anywhere since 2005 (before that I had only flown twice in my life!)

2 comments:

Patty Patterson said...

I think you flew three times. Twice to Michigan and once to the rafting trip in Colorado Springs. But, I could be mistaken. Anyway, hopefully, all of your flights will go well. The security is supposedly getting to be a hassle in the US, but that shouldn't effect your trip!

Julie Danielle said...

What a fun trip you have planned! We are doing the opposite. Traveled a lot in 2009 but not so much in 2010.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin